Background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Little Man's New Adventure

Since I decided that we will wait another year before putting Matthew into preschool, I thought it would be great to get him into something where he can at least socialize with some other kids his age. (We DO go to story time at the library most Tuesdays, but I wanted to get him involved in something new.)

My friend, Jessica, mentioned that there was a soccer league in Columbia and Windham, so I checked out their website and decided to sign him up.  Never playing soccer before, I didn't really know what to expect, but so far I'm happy with the way its going.  They have soccer Saturday mornings from 9-9:45am.

He's still a little apprehensive about the whole thing, but he IS getting better.  We played a game this past Saturday where the kids had to chase their parents or one of the coaches around pretending to be bumble bees and kick the ball at their feet to try and "sting" them. Matthew was cracking up at this! 

We also played body part soccer, where the kids had to stop the ball with a body part that the coach yelled out.  

Here are some pictures of Matthew playing soccer this past Saturday.


 

After Practice- October 8, 2011
 

No comments:

Post a Comment